Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WALKIN' & JAMMIN'



This picture sums up my activities over the past couple of days - walkin' and jammin!"

My pink high top Chucks have been beautifully embellished by my good friend Mallory! Aren't they the bees knees?? I don't do my distance training walks in these beauties, but I do wear them whenever possible! Thanks Mal for a great job. Her blog is http://leingangcrew.blogspot.com/


Mal is quite the photographer and has a beautiful family, check out her blog. The shoes are sitting in front of my last batch of raspberry jam. I made strawberry on Sunday and the raspberry yesterday. My kitchen smelled dreamy. I did have a little mishap on the final jar. As I was filling it (I use a funnel to avoid spills, etc), I reached way over to grab a particular spoon, the kettle's weight was too heavy on the funnel and the jar flipped up spattering hot jam all over me and the floor. The good news is the jar didn't break. The bad news, I got a little burn under my chin - just put a couple ice cubes and then aloe vera to soothe it and it's all better now. I reminded myself of the 3 Stooges and there is only one of me!



We've had some gorgeous weather and I've been able to hang clothes outside on the line and do a little weeding. These normal, routine tasks are ones I enjoy immensely that relax and renew me for my next time with Nancy.

Our youngest grandchild Garrett will turn two on Saturday. We are going to their home on Hood Canal for the celebration. On Sunday, Lorianne (Garrett's mommy) will drive up here to our house and spend the night. She and I will head up to Nancy's home on Monday and Lorianne has volunteered to take Grandma home. Lori will also do a pedicure for Nancy. I am blessed with the best family in the world. All the kids are so generous with their time, talent and financial resources. Each of them makes me feel so blessed.


I talked to Nancy and Mom on the phone last night. They have had a pretty restful couple of days, then yesterday Nancy decided to get the pantry in order, so Mom sounded a little tired but happy to get that task accomplished. Nancy is really "getting her house in order" - she is a supreme organizer and I know it feels good to her to enjoy that sense of order.


Today I'm going to walk a new route that rack up about 10 miles with a couple of significant hills. The 3 Day Walk is only 10 weeks away! Going to head out early as the temps are supposed to be in the 80s today.

No comments: