Friday, November 7, 2008

Peace At Last - Beginning Her New Adventure!


Nancy Lyn Osterhout

October 31, 1946-November 6, 2008

Free at last and off on a great new adventure! My beloved sister died yesterday morning at 1:48 a.m. She slipped peacefully away from her earthly body while my mother and I surrounded her with our love. She really wanted to die at home and that wish was fulfilled.

It was so inspiring for Mom and I and our children to observe just how very much Nancy is loved by her prayer group and her friends from work as they came by to visit her during the last couple days of her life.

The picture above was taken at Nancy's shop in Issaquah, about 12 years ago. It really captures her beauty, both inner and outer.

Nancy's favorite holiday was Christmas and this year she will be with so many of our dear ones who proceeded her to heaven, our Dad and younger sister in particular! Mom and I are rejoicing that Nancy doesn't need to suffer any more. We are being spoiled here at our house by my beloved husband and the cards and phone calls are already streaming in.

I will be putting the link to Mike's 2009 Breast Cancer 3 Day page here as we have decided the best place for memorials will be to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Please continue to pray for those of us left behind. I will be posting particulars on a Celebration of Her Life as soon as details are known.

No comments: