Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nancy's Birthday is Friday! Happy Halloween.

Halloween is coming. This outrageous picture is from our Scrapbook retreat weekend before last. Lorianne asked everyone to dress up for Halloween or if they didn't have a costume - for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. When I got her e-mail about this, I responded, "So, should we go as Twin Boobs. I was honestly kidding about this but found these costumes online. What a hit. And it was a reminder for breast self-exam and Mammograms. WE performed a poem about mammograms, and had lots of laughs.

After the retreat I returned to Anacortes to care for Nancy. She has deteriorated physically and had some problems with medication compliance - so the week was very difficult for her (and me). Once we got her over her resistance to one of the meds, she was much more comfortable. She also had what the nurse thought could be a partial bowel obstruction, so we dealt with that too.

No comments: