Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Weeks from Today - WE WALK!!!


Today is Friday, August 29, 2008 - this summer has just flown past! This next week I will need to keep up my training walks here in Anacortes. The picture above is from our Scrapbook retreat in Monroe. Dyona, Jennie, me, Shasta and Kim - we walked in the rain and nobody melted - hip hip hooray!!
I'm here at Nancy's. She did come last Saturday to the family picnic - what a joy to have so many family members there, and it meant alot to all of us that Nancy would make the effort. She did spend most of the day in bed, but was able to get up and visit with family for a little while. Thanks expecially to Mom for driving both ways!! One of the best moments from the day was when 2 year old Aiden (Mike & Jennie's son) sang "You are my Sunshine" to Nancy. Wow. Our dad's brother, Uncle Fred and cousin Karol were also there. A great day. Larry did most of the work preparing the house and yard for the party. We were able to get 14 dungeness crab (just before someone stole our crab pots - go figure!). Here's a picture from last Saturday - Nancy is sitting on the couch next to Ragna - then Annie, Devon tickling one of the twins.
Tuesday I meet with DSHS prior to an Administrative Hearing about Nancy's medical insurance. They sent a letter saying it was being discontinued at the end of this month! They had incorrect information about her SS disability and her private disability insurance. I was relieved this morning when I found out that they did reinstate medical coverage for September and when I spoke to the representative, he said if I bring the proper documentation, he is sure that her medical will be covered. Praise God! One less worry for Nancy and Mom.
More updates as this week and next progresses. Keep walking and praying!

No comments: