Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Training Walk Leader Conference Call Tonight!!!

Hi everyone. I participated with several people who have volunteered to be a "training walk leader" for the period between now and our big 3 Day walk in September. We had a conference call tonight to bring everyone up to date on the importance of this group, and especially safety. It was very inspiring - AND there were two people on the call that I know - my son, Michael, who is our team captain - he's organizing walks in Orting, and Kim a great friend from the scrapbooking retreats who always makes me laugh!! Also an inspiring lady from North Carolina who is coming here to walk!!

This is an amazing journey - we all feel so blessed o be part of the 3Day community. Please consider a donation. Click on the 3 Day widget here on my page. Thanks in advance. PS - today was a 3 mile walk - not too strenuous and there were eight (8) eagles in plain view!

We have planned a huge communicty garage sale the last weekend in May. We will have lots of interesting items. I am a scrapbooking, card-making person - so I have made several different styles of cards - including a Breast Cancer Awareness series. My husband is a dahlia grower and has made a "cart" for fresh flower sales a little later this summer - to benefit the 3Day! Our fundraising programs are only limited by our imaginations!! Goodnight for now.

No comments: